100 Days of Action Virtual Race
Looking for ways to get active this summer? Would you like to have some fun while raising awareness about SADD? Then you might love the SADD and Waymo 100 Days of Action Virtual Race! This is an innovative and exciting opportunity to get moving this summer, raise money for your local, and engage your network of friends and family to participate in something meaningful!
The SADD and WAYMO 100 Days of Action Virtual Race is part of SADD’s Safe Summer Campaign where we are asking SADD students, advisors, parents, community members and partners to raise our voices together to promote safe and healthy activities, habits and lifestyles for young people across the country! Thanks to the generous support of WAYMO, 50% of all funds raised will go directly to individual SADD chapters or the state SADD office, if a chapter is not in your region.
Unlike a traditional race, the SADD WAYMO 100 Days of Action virtual race takes place when and where you want starting on Friday, July 17! The 100 Days of Action Virtual Race can be virtual walk, run, or ride that allows you to log in your steps and share your exercise goals directly on our site! By participating, you will help us reach our target of 100,000 miles and $50,000 by August 19, 2020. If you prefer other forms of exercise like yoga, swimming or jumping rope, join us too! Whatever your activity is, you can participate by tracking the steps (or converted steps) through the easy-to-use, Charity Footprints App. The app will enable you to join teams, update your steps and upload photos for awards! Whatever activity you do, we want you to and have a blast and track your steps to help us reach our goal!
GET MOVING WITH THESE 6 SIMPLE STEPS:
STEP ONE: REGISTER!
On July 17th, Register!
Click here to register or go to
All participants will receive a t-shirt with registration.
$20 – adult registration
$10 – student rate (for all SADD Students)
SADD Champion Registration – $120. This includes the adult registration and a $100 donation to SADD.
STEP TWO: SET GOALS!
• set a fitness goal and fundraising goal that you hope to achieve by august 19, 2020.
• it’s important to set and work towards goals. This virtual race allows you to set both a fitness goal and a financial goal of how far you want to walk!
STEP THREE: MAKE YOUR TEAM!
• Any registered SADD chapter, group, or individual can create a team. You can join other teams around the country to support SADD Chapters (team names are added to a drop-down menu as they are formed).
• When you sign up, you will receive a link to design and personalize your individual/team race page. Charity Footprint will provide the instructions once you register, and once your page is complete, you can share this link with anyone via text, email, or social media.
• Remember, 50% of all the money raised by your chapter goes back to your chapter or state SADD office for activities during the 2020-2021 school year.
STEP FOUR: GET MOVING!
You can choose one of three ways to track your progress:
1. Sync your fitness device (Fitbit, Apple Watch/Health Kit, Garmin, Misfit, Strava, Android Wear/Google Fit)
2. Download the free Charity Footprints app to track your progress
3. Manually enter your steps on your event page
STEP FIVE: FUN-RAISE!
Share your personal fundraising page with everyone you know and ask them to support you and make a contribution toward your 100 Days of Action.
• Tell everyone about it! Invite your classmates, colleagues, family, and friends to join you, join a created team, or make a donation. The #100 Days of Action Virtual Challenge is your opportunity to stay active and fit while connecting with your community.
• FUNraise $250 and you’ll receive a pizza party for your SADD chapter for the 2020-2021 school year!
• FUNraise $500 and you’ll receive a special recognition banner to be displayed in your school (plus the pizza party).
Our goal: Encourage as many people as possible to run, walk, bike, etc to collectively accumulate 100,000 miles and raise $50,000 to support SADD chapters across the country.
STEP SIX: SHARE YOUR PROGRESS ON SOCIALS!
Take pictures every week and upload your photos to encourage others in the SADD community to get moving. By participating, you will have a chance to win some amazing prizes!